Automated Self-Administered 24-hour Dietary Recall (ASA24)
Missing Food Items
We are using the 2016 version of ASA24, and unfortunately some Canadian foods may not be found in the 2016 version. If no foods are a good match, you can try one of the following:
- Try to recreate the item by entering the main food item and adding details about the food later.
- Poutine: Enter ‘French Fries’ in “Find Food and Drink” section, then add cheese and gravy in “Add Details” section
- Try a different spelling or name to find the food item.
- Perogy Pierogi
- Omelette Omelet
- Timbits Doughnut holes
- Cabbage Rolls Stuffed Cabbage
- Pho Pho bo
- Kimchi Kim chee
- Naan Bread Nan Bread
- After you search for a food item, scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “I can’t find the food I am looking for”. You will be asked more details about that food in the ‘Add Details’ Section.
There may also be some foods that are not available in the ASA24 version. For example, here are some foods that we could not find (please note there may be more):
|Meat and Poultry||Fish||Vegetables||Beverages||Dairy||Main Dishes|
|Goose||Pike||Fennel||Kombucha||Blue Cheese||Ginger Beef|
|Pheasant||Pickerel||Heart of Palm||Bubble Tea||Crème fraiche||Butter Chicken|
|Boar||Arctic Char||Water chestnuts||Vietnamese Sub / Banh Mi|
|Tomato Bocconcini Salad|
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-877-919-9292 during our regular business hours, or email us at email@example.com.